2nd Annual MYC Golf Tournament A Huge Success!
The 2nd annual MYC Golf Tournament, organized by Mike Zanarini and John Regan, was held on September 18th 2019 at Grassy Hill Country Club. Twenty-five golfers, some with low handicaps and some beginners, enjoyed a delightful round in spectacular weather conditions.
The format was a shotgun start and a scramble. For non-golfers, shotgun means every team tees off at the same time. In a scramble format, each golfer tees off and each player whose shot wasn’t the best, picks up his/her ball, and then hits the next ball from the spot where the best shot landed. This process is repeated until the hole is fin-ished.
A scramble makes this event fun for everyone including those who rarely play or are a bit rusty.
Golfers enjoyed a tasty buffet dinner at MYC after the event.
Prizes were awarded to the following:
- Winning Foursome (5 under par): Andreé Acampora, Alicia Cavallaro, Pete Gil and Jack Sherogan. This group successfully defended its title.
- Second Place (3 under par): Jim Birge, George Desrosiers, PC, Tom O’Donnell and Mike Zanarini
- Third Place (1 under par): Mary Hippman, Scott Moulton, John Regan and Dave Silva
- Longest Drive (Men): Tom O’Donnell
- Longest Drive (Women): Denise Goodfellow
- Closest to the pin (3rd hole): No one (How is that possible?)
- Closest to the pin (17th hole): Peter Goodfellow
- Other players included Mike Amato, PC, John Anderson, Dan and Connie Arcobello, Mitch and Nancy Berger, Brian Noe, Arnie and Sandi-Jo Galati Peterson, and Eileen Russell
(L to R) Andreé Acampora, John “Putt Putt” Regan (organizer), Alicia Cavallaro, Pete “Al Czervik” Gil and Mike “Long Ball” Zanarini (organizer). Missing from the team picture is Jack Sherogan.